The Brambling was still present this morning starting at around 8am and was
there when we left around 8:30.
The bird was very regularly visiting the feeders this morning with the group of
American Goldfinches and Purple Finches. Bird came it probably around 8am and
then was regularly either on the ground, in the maple behind the feeder, or in
the large spruce immediately left of the house. I didn’t notice where it flew
in from this morning, but when it was present in the yard it was in either of
those three locations. Good luck to any who chase it! I’d recommend backing in
his driveway and having your trunk to the garage doors so you’re facing the
feeders. You lose a little bit of the Spruce this way, but parking in the other
available spots does not allow you to see the ground from your car with the
current amount of snow on the ground, and they’re only gonna get more snow
today. Huge thank you to Beau for being so willing to have people come and
visit and for getting the word out on this bird!
Best,
Alex Sundvall

Sent from my iPhone