First, I would like to point out that this Kirtland's Warbler search effort
led by Jack Hauser is not sponsored in any way by the MOU nor am I
personally involved in it. In response to Jack's email quoting me, my exact
words were "I’d imagine you could get an army of interested birders to help
you out with surveys" and this refers to an earlier communication I had
with him in January 2018 when he was inquiring about interest from birders
and prior to his having any survey protocol to share. While I know that
many people (myself included) are interested in the prospect of finding a
Kirtland's Warbler in the state, I cannot speak to the methods that Jack
has proposed for his search.

Bob Dunlap