On the topic of wildlife conservation (i.e. Bob Dunlap's post on Recovering
America's Wildlife Act), the American Birding Association (ABA) is now
selling federal Duck Stamps in an effort to quantify the number of birders
supporting wetland protection. 98% of the cost goes towards directly to
purchasing wetland habitat.   https://www.aba.org/store/2019-2020-duck-stamp
/

Even though there are conservation taxes on hunters and anglers through the
Pittman-Robertson and Dingell-Johnson Acts, there are no such taxes on
wildlife-viewers. Binoculars, spotting scopes, etc. have no additional tax
that goes towards habitat protection, even though we often use visit
protected areas to go birding. So I know some birders buy Duck Stamps--even
if they're not hunters--every year to "pay their dues."

If you already regularly buy Duck Stamps, thank you! If you don't want to
get them through the ABA website, there are a number of shops in Minnesota
where you can buy them in-person (those that sell hunting licenses, or
National Wildlife Refuge gift shops). I do think it would be interesting to
get them through ABA though, since they're keeping track of the number of
birders buying them.

Good birding!

Alyssa DeRubeis
formerly Golden Valley, Hennepin Co.