From: Minnesota Birds [mailto:MOU-NET@LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of Brian
Tennessen
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2019 2:57 PM
To: MOU-NET@LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [mou-net] Flycatcher missing upper beak Ramsey Cty

I was down to Crosby Fram park yesterday evening, and got a photo of this
poor Great Crested Flycatcher that is missing its upper beak!  Ive never
seen a bird with either an entire upper or lower beak missing...

The bird looks otherwise healthy and alert, so it appears to be faring ok.

Can anyone tell me whether the beak will grow back?

As a little bonus, there is a small tree frog sitting on a branch nearby
the Flycatcher.  I believe it is a Northern Cricket Frog?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146080097@N04/48492860652/in/dateposted-public/

Thanks for any responses,

Brian T.
St. Paul MN