Looking out over the lily pads, a few of which are confused by the weather
and are in bloom, I spied a Green Heron in the middle of the lake on a lily
pad. I focused my binocs on it and was surprised to observe a Coopers Hawk.
While I had just seen one flying from a tree hanging over the water a
couple of days ago, I had never seen one out on the lake. I was trying to
get Cherie focused on the bird, when I saw it take flight, metamorphosing
into an unmistakable Green Heron on the wing. I got my glasses focused and
confirmed its ID and then it turned its head, hiding the long beak, and
meta-morphed back into a Coopers Hawk right as I watched.

Steve Weston
On Quigley Lake in Eagan, MN
swest...@comcast.net

Virus-free.