This afternoon at about 3:30, I found a Cassin's Sparrow in downtown Two
Harbors, in the grassy field just north and across the road from the Edna G
tugboat parking lot.  It was most consistently seen right across the road from
the little wooden shack.  I flushed it several times over the course of an hour
or so before I was able to finally get a good look at it perched and get some
photos of it.  A small group of birders arrived at about 5:30 and everyone was
able to see and photograph it as it skulked in the tall weeds and shrubs. It
was very skittish, but did spend a couple minutes in the open foraging at the
edge of the gravel.  Amazingly, it briefly landed on Kim Eckert's tripod at one
point!
If accepted by the record's committee this would be the first MN record. There
are other records for the Midwest, including Illinois, Michigan, South Dakota
and Ontario.
There was a lot of migration happening along the North Shore today, so I
wouldn't be surprised if the bird moved overnight.
eBird checklist here:  https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S60164101
Jim LindTwo Harbors