Give to the Max Day is tomorrow, Thursday 11/14 and the MRVAC Auction at
REI in Bloomington is next Thursday 11/21.

*Give to Max Day*

One way that MRVAC is able to raise money each year is by participating in
the annual fundraising event in Minnesota known as Give to the Max Day.
Many non-profit organizations choose to participate in the event put on by
GiveMN and this year’s event will take place on November 14, 2019.

You can make your donation online using a credit card and the site will
also ask you if you want to cover the fee that GiveMN charges each
non-profit organization for each donation they receive. In addition, you
can schedule your donation well ahead of time which is advisable as the
website can be overloaded on the day of the event.

Another benefit of using the GiveMN website are the bonuses that
organizations can receive that are randomly selected during the day. Last
year we received a $100 bonus, but many bonuses can be much higher.

This year it is our goal to raise $1000 on Give to the Max Day. To make
your contribution please visit www.GiveMN.org <http://www.givemn.org/> and
look for the Minnesota River Valley Audubon Chapter page. Thank you in
advance for your support!

2019 MRVAC Holiday Auction[image: bird-388258_960_720[2]]Thursday, November
21, 2019, 5:00 PMREI Community Room, Bloomington MN

The annual MRVAC Holiday Auction will take place in the REI Community Room
located at 750 American Boulevard West in Bloomington. Set up will begin at
5:00 PM, the live auction begins at 6:00 PM, and cleanup will conclude by
8:30 PM. Please bring your checkbook or cash to pay for any items that you
take home. Donations of items to be auctioned off are appreciated.

Last year with the money we raised from the previous year's fundraisers we
sent $1500 to the Audubon Center of the Northwoods to help provide
transportation for school groups using the center and scholarships to their
summer programs. We provided $2000 for the exciting research on Red-headed
Woodpeckers taking place at the Cedar Creek Bog NSRC. We provided funding
for transportation for school groups using the Minnesota Valley Wildlife
Refuge. This funding was matched dollar for dollar by another group. We
gave money to Minnesota Independence College and Community for the purchase
of binoculars, field guides and other field gear for use by young adults
with learning differences and autism spectrum disorders. We also helped the
Ney Nature Center and the Burroughs Bird Club fund the purchase of new
binoculars for their programs. Besides all of these, we continued to
contribute to several other worthy organizations.

The money we raised with these fund raisers, along with other contributions
and grants, for which we will apply, will be used to support education and
conservation projects, as yet to be determined. Again, thank you for your
support in our attempts promote conservation and to increase awareness of
the natural wonders that surround us.

Steve Weston
On Quigley Lake in Eagan, MN
swest...@comcast.net