Just a general question, spurred by the mockingbird email (but not about
the mockingbird specifically)--how many bird "things" (report sources) are
people signed up for?  For example, the first email titled 'No
Mockingbird???' implied knowledge among the general MOU-net recipients
about a mockingbird in the first place (I didn't get an email about one
previously, anyway). There's no location mentioned in that or the follow-up
email, either--is it assumed this is common knowledge? I'm guessing it's a
bird reported on ebird (for which I don't yet have an account, so that
could be my problem), but I have multiple email listserv acounts and am on
multiple Minnesota bird-related Facbook groups.

I'm not really a chaser, so it's not affecting me much but I am just
generally curious. That said, if something interesting were to be found
next door I could theoretically not know about it if I'm not getting all
the right reports.  My question is not MOU-net specific; even if I was on
ebird, I'd miss things that are only posted here, or on Facebook, etc.  And
it happens on the Facebook pages it happens too, where a report comes
through, often suggesting a unique bird has been somewhere for days, and
that everyone knows about it, but I can't be the only one who finds
themselves the last to know, am I?  For those of you who think you have a
handle on pretty much all the birding reports locally, feel free to write
back with the list of sources you're receiving.  I realize that ebird is
"THE" source for a lot of birders, yet I'm curious about the average number
of bird-related sources people are subscribing/contributing to.  I consider
myself a serious (whatever that means) birder, and probably haven't heard
of them all.   :)

Kyle Te Poel
Stillwater Township, MN