I, for one, am thankful that this ancient LISTSERV technology and its
admins have continued to provide a communication avenue for the Minnesota
birding community for years.

(Decades? The lists.umn.edu archive goes back to 2008, while mail-archive
goes back to 2005, and it was clearly in use prior to that:
https://www.mail-archive.com/mou-net@lists.umn.edu/mail50.html. How long
has MOU-NET been around?)

It's nice to have a place for us in the MN birding community who refuse to
support for-profit social media platforms that unapologetically generate
revenue from political disinformation campaigns under the guise of "free
speech". Even if we rarely post to it ourselves!

Dale Trexel