The Yelllow-crowned Night-heron can be seen with fairly unobstructed views,
if it remains in the roosting spot it was occupying a half-hour ago.
It is above eye-level in a tree on the shore of Goose Nest Pond (there are
many trail maps along the Richardson Nature Center Trails).   Walk the
length of the square metal boardwalk to a bench just past the end of the
boardwalk.   The heron is on the east side of the pond, maybe 50 yards from
the bench and above eye-level.  It will help a lot if there is someone
present to point it out!

Doug Kieser
Minneapolis