David!   Kim!   And all those working on this list:  THANK YOU Soooooo MUCH!
This summer I’ve been working on updating my life list to conform with current
taxonomic order, so you can imagine how relevant this information is to my
endeavor!  By the way, the last time I updated my taxonomic order was 1998!
Sincerely,  Judy in Douglas County, Alexandria, Mn

> On Aug 22, 2020, at 5:38 PM, David Cahlander <da...@cahlander.com> wrote:
>
> The MOU checklist has been updated to correspond with the taxonomic order of
> the AOS checklist.
> (This is done once/year to keep up with AOU/AOS)
>
> The only change is
>
>   Change McCown's Longspur to Thick-billed Longspur
>
> Some species have been moved.  Kim Eckert reports:
>
>   - Calliope Hummingbird before Rufous
>   - gallinaceous birds now: Wild Turkey, Ruffed Grouse, Spruce Grouse,
>   Willow Ptarmigan, Rock Ptarmigan, Sharp-tailed Gouse, Greater
>   Prairie-Chicken, Gray Partridge, Ring-necked Pheasant
>   - rails, etc now: King Rail, Virginia Rail, Sora, Common Gallinule,
>   American Coot, Purple Gallinule, Yellow Rail, Black Rail
>   - frigatebirds before cormorants
>   - Double-crested Cormorant before Neotropic
>   - Black Vulture before Turkey Vulture
>
> --
> David Cahlander da...@cahlander.com Burnsville MN 952-894-5910

Luck favors the prepared mind