Hello All,
I don't think Lake Minnetonka gets all that much birding coverage because it is
hard to access but tonight the birding was even better than last week.
I had:
Common Merganser: 8,080
Common Goldeneye: 910
Herring Gull: 1,750
There are now a ton of gulls hanging out in the Browns Bay/ Smith Bay area and
I would think that some rare ones could turn up, though I didn't spend a lot of
time sorting through them. The Common Goldeneyes were in the middle of the lake
and easy to see but about half of the 8,080 Common Mergansers were hugging the
south shore (mostly around Big Island), making them hard to see well unless you
get the correct angle.
Anyways, I just thought I would share. Of course, there were other birds there
as well, including a lone Bufflehead.
Good Birding,
Jason Caddy
South Minneapolis