Maureen and I did a hike around Crow-Hassan Park Reserve this beautiful morning, from 8 until noon.  Water surfaces were still frozen, but beginning to thaw along shore.  Birds were still pretty sparse, but we did have some interesting sightings:

Eastern Meadowlark - single bird, along trail going east from 4 Corners; silent except for the rattle call he made upon landing in a tree;FOY and earliest ever for us
Eastern Bluebird - heard only, FOY
Tundra Swans - 4 flocks flew over, somewhere between 300 and 400 birds; what a great spring sound! FOY
Trumpeter Swans - pairs or more on most lakes/ponds
Sandhill Crane - heard calling from multiple locations, another wonderful sound; one pair was frequently visible E of Prairie Lake
Bald Eagle - 1 adult; our only raptor sighting!

Happy Spring to all!
Ron Refsnider
Coon Rapids, MN