Waterfowl numbers and species diversity, to a lesser degree, seem to be diminishing at Coon Rapids Dam.  Most waterfowl were near the boat launch lagoon or just a bit upstream from it.  From the east shore Maureen and I saw the following of note:

Pied-billed Grebe - 1, FOY for us
American Wigeon - 1 pair, FOY
Red-breasted Merganser - 1 male, FOY; I'm not 100% certain of the ID, as our view was from the rear as he swam away, then in flight as he flew upriver, giving us a rear quadrant view.
Bufflehead - 3 males, 1 female
Killdeer - heard
Belted Kingfisher - heard from across river
Golden-crowned Kinglet - 1 heard, then seen, FOY; Maureen has a keen ear for GCKIs

Many more juncos than were there just a few days ago, apparently migrating northward

Scaup & Common Goldeneye were in much lower numbers than a few days ago; Ring-necked Ducks, Redheads, Hooded Mergansers, & Common Mergansers weren't seen at all.

Ron Refsnider
Coon Rapids