Noticed some movement in the backyard this morning, and was delighted to
see a beautiful pair of ring-necked pheasants poking around. The male
chased the female a bit and she ran off; don't know if he was trying to get
lovey-dovey or just being territorial. He eventually moved off in the
opposite direction. We have occasionally heard a pheasant calling while
walking in the neighborhood, but rarely see one, so this was a treat. I
just wish I had been able to get a photo!

Kim