Last weekend at my home in Mendota Heights a broad-winged hawk hunted from a
fence post at one end of my garden as I ran a rototiller to prepare for
planting. He/she was oblivious to my presence eventually permitting me to
capture several nice images. Sunday afternoon she perched in an oak over my
deck whistling, and as I watched a male flew to the branch and mated with her.
The male then flew to a nearby high bush, removed a short branch with a few
leaves and flew high up in a nearby tree where a nest appears to be in the
making. Spring is here!

Bernard P. Friel

On 5/11/21, 19:40, "Minnesota Birds on behalf of Miller Johnson"