Thursday I sighted my first Kingfisher of the year at the mouth of
Minnehaha Creek on the Mississippi River.   It entertained me by plunging
into the river, coming up with a fish/minnow and flying to the lower branch
of the tree and then after assumably consuming its catch flying back to the
top branch of he tree 15 to 20 feet above the river from which it repeated
the cycle two more times before flying across the river.

Later on the grounds of he MN Veterans Home , I saw a brown creeper.

Today on my way to Afton State Park I passed a couple of snow melt flooded
fields occupied by Scaup and Canada Geese.

Keith Carlson
keitheca...@gmail.com