For those interested, I've been blogging about songs that mention
Whip-poor-wills (there are many, many, many). I'm at the start of this
project, but if you're interested, you can read here:
https://lonesomewhippoorwill.com/tag/bird-songs/.

To bring this back around to Minnesota, the band Big Thief, which has some
connections to the state, has a lovely song called "Cattails," which
mentions loons.

Finally -- I'd welcome emails, off list, about birders' experiences with
Eastern Whip-poor-wills and Common Nighthawks.

- Jared Del Rosso
Denver, CO (formerly St. Paul, MN / Cloquet, MN)

JDR