Kayaking the Cannon River on Sunday I observed Turkey Vultures kettling in
the distance to the east when I started in Cannon Falls.  Then I passed a
cottonwood tree just beyond the mobile home park with several Turkey
Vultures roosting in it, all or almost all with their wings extended like
an Anhinga or Cormorant.  I don't know if they were the ones that were
kettling or not.  I have never observed this behavior with Vultures before
but haven't seen a group roosting before either.

Is this common Vulture behavior or not?

Keith Carlson
keitheca...@gmail.com