Arrived home from work on Friday to a gorgeous male RB grosbeak at my feeders.
A second male joined him late yesterday.

I spent Saturday morning lazy birding from my east stoop w coffee and a
crossword. First bird I saw was a golden-winged warbler, lol.  Other FOY yard
birds this weekend include white-crowned sparrows (which I haven’t had in
years!), YB sapsucker and house wrens who are filling the air with their
warbling chatter.

Two random juncos showed up today, oddly both missing tail feathers so only the
white retrices are showing. Which makes my science geek  brain wonder if this
is why they’re straggling, a sign of some underlying condition or truly just a
random occurrence.  They're hanging with the 70+ WTsparrows who are in constant
motion in the yard.

A few yellow-rumpeds still here but the horde left yesterday with the pine
warblers. Purple finches swarm the feeders.

RCkinglets were all over the place this past week, but I've not seen a single
one today, lol. Just poof! Gone.

It's so fun to watch the waves of spring migration.  Hope you all had a
wonderful weekend!

 - Tami in Afton