Follow-up to my observation from yesterday: turns out this was a
Black-and-white Warbler singing an alternate song. One birder had the
audacity to question the identification based on my recording as I had only
heard the bird and not seen it, and lo and behold when I heard the exact
same song in Pine County this morning I tracked the bird down to visually
confirm a Black-and-white Warbler. For anyone interested here is the
recording:

https://ebird.org/checklist/S138674830

If anyone has the Sibley Guide app on their smartphone this song is akin to
what is listed as “Dawn Song” in the sounds for Black-and-white Warbler.

Continually humbled,
Bob Dunlap