In recent years, I had the good fortune of bumping into him at my neighborhood
Cub Foods; he and his wife had moved into one of the new condos in the Westend
development in St. Louis Park. He told me he loved it there. Just this week I
was thinking that it had been too long since I had seen him there, and sensed
bad news.

He certainly gave so much to us.

Judy Chucker
St. Louis Park

> On 10/31/2023 2:13 PM CDT Kate Kelnberger <kkelnber...@boreal.org> wrote:
>

> I began mourning for Bob when I learned his wife had died.  I cherish the
> birding hours I spent with Bob on the North Shore and in South Dakota.  He
> was a very kind man.
>
> On Tue, Oct 31, 2023 at 1:53 PM Paul Worwa <pwo...@allanmechanical.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I was fortunate enough to have had several visits from Bob to our
> > Chanhassen home in the last several years as he was targeting specific
> > birds for his Carver County lists, and I just loved the stories he told
> > about his past. The birding community has suffered a great loss.
> >
> > Paul Worwa
> > Chanhassen, MN

--Judy Chucker
"...The authors calculated that being around fourteen additional bird species
provided as much satisfaction as earning an additional $150 a month."