We had an intergrade western red-shafted x eastern yellow-shafted Northern
Flicker today at the feeder. This is the equivalent of a hybrid between
species, except both forms of flickers are the same species. While I never
saw it fly, I assume it was a red shafted bird as I could see no hint of
yellow on the tail. There were only a few red feathers on the nape. The
face was gray and the malar strip was black and red. I will post some
pictures on eBird, although I don't know how much they show.

Steve Weston
On Quigley Lake in Eagan, MN
swesto...@gmail.com