Yesterday morning at Salt Lake in Lac qui Parle County, I estimated up to
10,000 Snow Geese and Greater White-fronted Geese gathered together in a
mixed flock.

This morning around 10:30 AM, I drove around the lake twice, and estimated
30,000 mixed Snows and White-fronted, with Snows being a bit more
prevalent. At the observation deck, I met Ezra and Isaac Hosch, who were
there earlier in the morning, estimating a total of 60,000 around sunrise.

This is the most impressive concentration of Snow Geese I've seen in Lac
qui Parle County since March 2013. Certainly one of the most remarkable
waterfowl concentrations I've seen in the area in many years. We have a
south wind forecast through Monday night, so there may be even more
movement underway right now.

OTHER SPECIES SEEN

4 Western Meadowlarks in the Marietta/Salt Lake area
Large flock of Pintails at Haydenville WMA
First Turkey Vulture in Ortonville (the fabled "scout" in the ravine)
2 Great Blue Herons, Hwy 75 Refuge Dam
Still some Common Mergansers off the Dam's Berm Road
A few Killdeers here and there, but no Yellowlegs yet