I will be leading my annual Dakota County Prairie Field Trip tomorrow
(Sunday). Meet at Schaar's Bluff picnic parking lot at 7am. Besides some
short walks, this will mostly be birding by the road through some of Dakota
County's hotspots. Target birds that have been found within the last few
days at these sites include: Red-headed Woodpecker, Blue Grosbeak,
Black-billed Cuckoo, Vesper, Grasshopper, Lark sparrows, Orchard Oriole,
Willow and Alder Flycatcher, Sora and Virginia Rail, Sandhill Crane,
Bobolink, Dickcissel, Sedge and Marsh wren, Eastern Towhee, and Eurasian
Collared Dove. This field trip is free and open to all, including all
levels of experience. No reservations, just show up. (Please, no calls)
Bring lunch, if you want to continue birding into the afternoon.

Steve Weston
On Quigley Lake in Eagan, MN
swesto...@gmail.com