At 8:30 a.m. today (Saturday, July 18), I briefly observed a Carolina Wren in
South Minneapolis, after first hearing the bird singing and calling. The
initial sighting was made across Park Terrace from the southeast edge of Seven
Ovals Park. The wren was perched briefly on top of a chain link fence between
the garages of two houses that front on Edmund Boulevard by the Mississippi
River (4040 and 4044 Edmund Boulevard).

I relocated the wren at 10:10 a.m. singing continuously for about two minutes
in a pine tree across the alley south of 3527 South 47th Avenue, which is
located two houses north of the intersection of 36th Street East and South 47th
Avenue on the east side of South 47th Avenue. At 10:15 a.m., the wren flew into
the side yard (on the south side of the house) and then into the back yard of
3527 South 47th Avenue. I could not subsequently relocate it.

The two locations where the bird occurred are about 1/4 mile apart, and it is
almost certainly still in the area. I live very nearby this site, so if you are
interesting in looking for the wren later today or tomorrow (Sunday), feel free
to call me at 612-719-5324.

----