On 9/28/06, Chris Rathman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Ramon Diaz-Uriarte wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion, Chris. I had never heard of Kanren. I
> looked at the page and seems "heavy stuff", but I'll look more.

Kanren would be useful for relational programming in Scheme (chap #9),
but in the areas you've expressed an interest, would not likely be of
much help.

Thanks. I'll take a look, though.

> Actually, right now, I am more interested in the
> concurrency/distributed part than in the OO (I did OO with C++, do it
> occasionally with Python). That is why, I am having a hard time trying
> to pick O'Caml vs. SML/Alice. All three being ML, I guess a lot of
> knowledge can be transfered from one to another, but to begin with I'd
> need to stick to one.

Alice is basically SML with some strategic extensions.

That sounds good; there seem to be fairly extensive and pedagogical
tutorials on SML on the web.

R.

--
Ramon Diaz-Uriarte