Thx Nelson for your help.

But the thing is, what i am actually looking for is something like a tutorial that would explain clearly (with a simple example) how to manually encode a string like "langelot" into something like "MDoEEPgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEwFAYIKoZIhvcNAwcECJhflYb06mJ1BBCbpXG1HSBcV9vtshrQOgT3" (using the same encryption algorithm that FF uses). And of course, I'm highly interested in the decoding process as well.

So i did a quick search on the internet, looking for examples showing how the ASN.1 DER algorithm actually works; but i didn't find anything yet. But i'm going to give another try right then.

Anyway, this is no important issue, i think i'm just a bit curious here :p...
So, great thx for helping me, i really appreciate, thx a lot ! :)

Everyone: have a great day.

Nelson B Bolyard a écrit :
langelot wrote:

I am looking for a good explanation on how the passwords in FF are encrypted (same goes for usernames).

These articles may help.

news://news.mozilla.org:119/[EMAIL PROTECTED]