Julien Pierre wrote:
Pierre BOIZOT wrote:

Nelson Bolyard a écrit :

I made some inquiries about SQLlite some time ago (as you know) and at
that time was informed (or possibly misinformed) that SQLlite only
allows one accessor to have the DB open at a time. The model is that,
for each transaction, one opens the DB, does the transaction, and closes
the DB. That didn't seem like a good choice for NSS, especially when
performance is of concern. Is that limitation no longer part of the
current SQLlite being considered by mozilla? (I hope so)

What 's use Nss actualy?

Why don't use the Berkley DB, It is on opensource Licence

Unfortunately, the sleepycat license is not compatible with Mozilla MPL. This has already been discussed before .

And, even if the license issue was resolved, there's a technical issue. As I understand it, if multiple processes have a sleepycat DB open, and one of them crashes, then in order to "recover" the DB, ALL the processes that have it open need to shut down (er, close the DB), and then then ONE process needs to open it and recover it, and then the others can re-open it.

So, if any process sharing it dies, all the processes must be shut down.
I think mozilla users would HATE that.  IMO, an acceptable multi-proccess
DB solution must NEVER require all the processes to shut down to recover
from one process's failure.