David Stutzman wrote:

OK...Many thanks to Bob for pinging the CMS team. A man named Thomas Kwan from redhat emailed me about an hour and a half ago with the information that was needed.

Thomas replied to your questions as soon as he received the message that Bob forwarded to the CMS team. But Thomas's reply to the mozilla-crypto mailing list bounced because he is not a subscriber of the mailing list. I meant to forward his message to this list today but forgot to. Thanks for posting his reply here.

Regarding documentation: you can find links
to all the JSS documentation at the JSS web
site: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/jss/.
But it seems that we only have API documentation
generated with javadoc from specially formatted
comments in the JSS source code.  That may not
have what you are looking for.

However, I found a directory called pkix in
the JSS source tree:
http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/security/jss/org/mozilla/jss/pkix/

You may be able to use the code in there as
sample code for how to encode ASN.1 structures
using JSS.

Wan-Teh