Hi,

Can anyone out there tell me whether it is possible to put authetication
information in a ldap uri, i.e. to bind (as a non-anonymous user) to a
directory server using a ldap uri??? Say I have a netscape directory server
the following structure:
dc=com,dc=mycompany,ou=SomeUnit,cn=SalesPersons,uid=fred,.....
Imagine there are aci's set for ou=SomeUnit, so that only fred and his fellow
friends in his unit can access this information. In order to do that they use
a userid (uid) and a password when they bind. Say I want to retrieve
information, e.g. get the names of all salespersons, I need to authenticate,
can I do that in a ldap uri, for example in netscape 4.7, like:
ldap://servername:portnr/cn%3DSalesPersons%2Dou%3CSomeUnit%2Ddc%3Cmycompany%2D

dc%3Ccom(Now what has to be put here in order to autheticate so I can query
for the names of all salespersons).

Cheers,

Roger
Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at
http://webmail.netscape.com/