Bob Lord <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> We've just posted the first draft of several PSM 2.0 (codename PIP)
> documents.  In addition to the Roadmap which we posted a few days ago,
> you'll now find the first cut at the workplan (a version of what we
> internally call the 'PRD'), a tasklist, and a link to the UI mockups.
>
> Start here:
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/psm/
>
> These documents will evolve over the next few weeks as we learn more and
> as Mozilla developers identify the areas where they'd like to help
> (platform support, for example).
>
> We're trying to release PIP by the end of May.  We'll soon post more
> information about building PIP, as well as the target date for switching
> the nightly builds over.

So one thing that would be helpful to those of us working on LDAP in
the browser is the ability to get access to some of the NSS
functionality for the LDAP C SDK to use.

LDAP in the browser consists of an XPCOM wrapper around the LDAP C
SDK, which does all the connection management for us under the hood.
The C SDK itself uses raw or NSPR sockets to do all the work, and I'm
told that the most recent version interacts with NSS 3.2 directly.

Since we want to share as much code as possible, it would be really
good not to have to link the C SDK against a second copy of NSS
separate from PSM.  So in some ideal world, it seems like the LDAP
XPCOM wrapper would be able to ask PSM for some set of raw function
pointers to NSS functions which could then be passed into the LDAP C
SDK for use.

Comments?

Dan