Hi  ,

     Using the LDAP C SDK you can have "/" as part of DN ,
      That depends on the plugin that is enabled for the syntax checking ,
      I have tested with "/" as part of a SN and CN also UID in Netscape
Directory server ,
      I have the default plugins enabled on my directory server.
      So the problem should be with the syntax in the ADS ,
      Please check that , It should be possible with the ADS also .

regards ,
Bandi