I know that there is a guaranteed unique object-level attribute on iPlanet
5.0b Directory Server, called nsuniqueid.  I have found this easy to query
for using LDAP.

However, I haven't been able to find an equivalent guaranteed unique
attribute
on the Netscape/iPlanet 4.1x DSes.  Does anyone know if there is an attribute
of this type used on the 4.1x servers?

BTW, I am aware of, but not referring to, the uid uniqueness plug-in.  This
doesn't really fit the bill, unfortunately.

Thanks for any help you can offer!