Michael Hein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> The 5.0 version of the LDAP C SDK with NSS 3.2/NSPR 4.1 support is now
> fully available as open source on Mozilla.  All future development will
> now take place using the mozilla CVS repository and no further
> development is planned within the iPlanet firewall.  For the time being
> I will be gating putbacks quite closely until we have the "warm fuzzy's"
> w.r.t the quality of the source code we get contributed.  I will be
> working with the eClient folks in the near future to make the LDAP C SDK
> builds more mozilla friendly as they currently are very iPlanet
> specific.  For the time being only the libraries can be built (even
> though all of the source code IS there) as the command line utilities
> needs svrcore (This is planned to be part of NSS 3.3).

This is great news; thanks for all your hard work, Michael!  For those
who are interested, at some point not too long after Mozilla 0.9 we
(the Netscape eClient folks) will start working on switching the
browser build over to using the new C SDK, after which we'll start
investigating LDAP over SSL support in the browser.

Dan