We are in the process of converting the license terms for the LDAP C SDK
from NPL to a choice of MPL/GPL.  Included in this message you will see
the verbage which was sent to past contributors of the LDAP C SDK in
order for us to make this change.  In a couple of cases where folks have
disagreed with the new license terms, I have made a case by case
decision whether these change were carried over into the 5.x version.
Several contributions were dropped when I rewrote the make system and
was finally able to push all of our internal code.   I hope to be able
to make the change over shortly.

Michael

Dear Contributor,

Thank you for your contributions to the Netscape Directory
SDK for C (CSDK)

Netscape is planning to make the CSDK available for use under
a dual license: either the GNU Public License (GPL) or the
Mozilla Public License (MPL). Netscape will relinquish rights
defined under the Netscape Public License (NPL) with
relicensing under terms of the MPL to allow wider use of all
of the CSDK. We believe this license change also adds momentum to
the open source initiative.

We need your help to make this happen. mozilla.org requests
permission to include your contributions to the CSDK in versions
of the CSDK made available for use under the GPL.

If this is acceptable to you, please reply to this email and
include the following in your reply:

  "I agree to allow my contributions to the CSDK to be made
  available under the dual license."

If you have the capability to digitally sign your response,
we'd appreciate it if you would do so.

We plan to implement this dual-licensing proposal by adding
language to a revised version of the Mozilla Public License
and to the text file included with the MPL source code.
Examples of the text that will be included in CSDK files can
be viewed at http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/boilerplate-1.1
The MPL may be viewed at http://www.mozilla.org/MPL
The GNU General Public License may be viewed at
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

If you do not wish your contributions to be included in GPL
versions, we would appreciate your letting us know so that we
can remove your contributions before we make code available
under the GPL.

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Michael Hein, Software Engineer, iPlanet A Sun | Netscape Alliance