Initially I had problems building NSS, but resolved them thanks to Wan-Teh
Chang.

But, now there are problems building the C-SDK itself.  I've followed the
instructions on the C-SDK page exactly.

> The easiest solution is to follow the LDAP C SDK instructions
> but replace NSPR_4_2_RELEASE by NSPRPUB_RELEASE_4_1_2.
>
> If you want to use NSPR_4_2_RELEASE, you need to
> 1. set the environment variable NSPR_AUTOCONF to 1; and
> 2. make sure you have the necessary tools to run autoconf.
>
> On Windows, this means you need to have either the MKS Toolkit
> or the Cygwin tools.  If you use the MKS Toolkit, it needs to
> be version 7.0 or newer, and you also need to set the environment
> variable CONFIG_SHELL to the pathname of your sh.exe.

That worked! (I used NSPR_4_2_RELEASE.)

But I wasn't able to build the CSDK.  It hangs at "perl
./../build/replace.pl \
    LDAP_VENDOR_NAME="mozilla.org" \
            LDAP_VENDOR_VERSION="500" \
            < ldap-standard-tmpl.h >
../../../../dist/public/ldap/ldap-standard.h.

So, I created ldap-standard.h manually and removed replace.pl from the
Makefile.

Then, the build bombed out trying to copy files from
mozilla/dist/include/nspr because there's no mozilla/dist/include!

cp -r ../../../../dist/./include/nspr/* ../../../../dist/public/ldap-nspr

Evidently OBJDIR_NAME wasn't getting set, so I modified the configure file.
But, that didn't matter because there's no
mozilla/dist/WINNT5.0_DBG.OBJ/include/nspr either.  There's a
mozilla/nsprpub/WINNT5.0_DBG.OBJ/pr/include, with only empty subdirectories.

What should I do now?