Hi All,

I have an openldap server set-up with SSL and optional certificate-based
client authentication and I want to use ldapsearch on Win32 to use my
certificate and I got the following errors:

$ ldapsearch -Z -h tmmail.sse.ie -b 'dc=tmmail,dc=sse,dc=ie' -P
e:/zoltan/ldap -N zoltan -W "1234" -v '(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)'
e:\apps\ldapcsdk5.08\tools\ldapsearch.exe: started Fri Sep 27 11:25:59 2002
ldap_init( tmmail.sse.ie, 389 )
ldaptool_getcertpath -- e:/zoltan/ldap
ldaptool_getkeypath -- .
ldaptool_getdonglefilename -- (null)
ldaptool_gettokenname -- (null)
ldapssl_enable_clientauth: Bad parameter to an ldap routine
ldapssl_enable_clientauth: additional info: unable to find certificate
        SSL error -8183 (security library: improperly formatted DER-encoded
message.)

SSL without client authentication works correctly! I presumed that my
key3.db file was not set up correctly, but I could use the cmsutil for
creating a signed message without any problem with the same databases.
I would appreciate any ideas...

Thanks,
Zoltan