I have rewritten the the program to connect to LDAP over SSL. Here is the
latest code and problem.

Source Code:

    String str_ldapsHost = "ldap.openldap.org";
    int i_ldapsPort = 636;
    String str_baseDN = "cacertificate=New,o=ascertia.com.pk";
    performLdapSearchUsingNetscape(str_ldapsHost, i_ldapsPort, str_baseDN,
true);
//    performLdapSearchUsingNovell(str_ldapsHost, i_ldapsPort, str_baseDN,
true);
  }

  public static void performLdapSearchUsingNetscape(String a_strHost, int
a_iPort, String a_strBaseDN, boolean a_bUseSSL){
    try{
      netscape.ldap.LDAPConnection obj_connection = null;
      if( a_bUseSSL ){
        System.out.println("Adding Security Providers ...");
        java.security.Security.addProvider(new
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider());

System.getProperties().put("java.protocol.handler.pkgs","com.sun.net.ssl.int
ernal.www.protocol");

        System.out.println("Connecting to LDAPS server
"+a_strHost+":"+a_iPort);
        netscape.ldap.factory.JSSESocketFactory obj_sslSocketFactory = new
netscape.ldap.factory.JSSESocketFactory(null);
        obj_connection = new
netscape.ldap.LDAPConnection(obj_sslSocketFactory);
      }
      else{
        System.out.println("Connecting to LDAP server
"+a_strHost+":"+a_iPort);
        obj_connection = new netscape.ldap.LDAPConnection();
      }

      obj_connection.connect( a_strHost, a_iPort );
      System.out.println("Connection to LDAP server
"+a_strHost+":"+a_iPort+" is successful");

      System.out.println("Perfoming LDAP search ...");
      netscape.ldap.LDAPSearchResults obj_ldapResults =
obj_connection.search(a_strBaseDN, netscape.ldap.LDAPv2.SCOPE_SUB,
"objectclass=*", null, false);
      System.out.println("LDAP Results Found :
"+obj_ldapResults.getCount());
    }
    catch (Exception ex) {
      ex.printStackTrace();
    }
  }

Here is the output:

Adding Security Providers ...
Connecting to LDAPS server ldap.openldap.org:636
Connection to LDAP server ldap.openldap.org:636 is successful
Perfoming LDAP search ...
netscape.ldap.LDAPException: The connection is not available (80); Unknown
error
 at netscape.ldap.LDAPConnection.sendRequest(LDAPConnection.java:1809)
 at netscape.ldap.LDAPConnection.search(LDAPConnection.java:2520)
 at netscape.ldap.LDAPConnection.search(LDAPConnection.java:2402)
 at
com.ascertia.ldapclient.ASC_LDAPConnector.performLdapSearchUsingNetscape(ASC
_LDAPConnector.java:64)
 at
com.ascertia.ldapclient.ASC_LDAPConnector.main(ASC_LDAPConnector.java:11)

I have also tested the same program with my local Netscape Directory Server
v4.2, but got the same results. Any help or ideas would be highly
appreciated.
Thanx.

Regards,
Yasir