Hello!

When I connect to my openldap-Server on SuSE 8.0 with the last Mozilla Directory C-SDK
with SSL-Connection everything works fine, until I use
the function combination
ldapssl_clientauth_init()/ldapssl_init/ldap_set_option()/ldapssl_enable_clientauth().

When just connecting with ldapssl_clientauth_init() / ldapssl_init()
and setting the Options:
LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION, Version 3
LDAP_OPT_RECONNECT, LDAP_OPT_ON
LDAP_OPT_SIZELIMIT, LDAP_NO_LIMIT

everything works fine for me.
When binding with ldap_simple_bind(),I can work und unbind from OpenLDAP with
ldap_unbind() without a segmentation fault.

But when I call ldapssl_enable_clientauth(), after setting the Options,
and binding with ldap_simple_bind() everything looks fine.
Until I try to unbind with ldap_unbind() or try to
send a request, I get deep in the core of the Mozilla directory C-SDK a
segementationfault.

I've tracked the problem down in the debugger:

In the structure of LDAP:

<LDAP>->ld_sbp->sb_ext_io_fns->lbextiofn_socket_arg->prsock_prf->methods->send

and other functions are set to
        ssl_* functions like ssl_Send.

But after calling ldapssl_enable_clientauth, these functionpointers are set to 0 (
NULL ).

When calling ldap_unbind(), the callstack goes down until an unbind would be sent to
the server, but the functionpointer for send ist 0 ( NULL ), which causes the
segmentation fault.

Perhaps somebody coult give me a hint.
As far as I've understood the Dok's an SASL bind operation ist optional,
so I've havent currently implemented the SASL Authentication.

Many Thanks for any help.

Ewald

--
Ing. Ewald Ertl          HartterGruppe                Phone : +43-3352-33085-558
trinomic Projektmanagement & Informationstechnik GmbH Fax   : +43-3352-33085-600