I sew this message in an old entry and I'm having the exact same problem.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?????????

"Michael Hein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
> The regular ldapssl_init() functions are indeed thread safe

This is definitely not true.  I'm am tracking down an issue now that
comes down to this: after calling ldapssl_client_init for the first
time, when ldap_simple_bind_s is called, the calling thread is taken
over and the function returns on a different thread.

I know this sounds bizarre, but I have proven it to myself by
modifying the ssnoauth SDK sample to call ldap_simple_bind_s before
calling ldap_search_s and calling the Win32 API GetCurrentThreadId
before and after the call to bind.

I've tested this with both the 4.14 and the 5.0 SDK.  In the case of
the 5.0 SDK, the address on top of the original thread's call stack
after it gets taken over (i.e. the program is paused immediately after
the second call to GetCurrentThreadId) is LIBNSPR4! 300282c0.

FWIW I running VC6 SP5 on Win2k Pro SP2 and I'm connecting to a Novell
NDS8.something LDAP server.

If someone has any kind of thoughts, please let me know.

Chris Conti
[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

Thank you
Einat Dover