I was able to follow this link
http://www.mozilla.org/build/win32-nmake.html, download the C-SDK from
Mozilla ftp site,
http://207.200.85.49/pub/mozilla.org/directory/c-sdk/ldap/ldapsdk_12311998.zip ,
build the ldap lib in debug mode, create a sample client to call ldap API,
use the VC++ debugger to step into ldap API call.  Everything looks good.

I find out that the C-SDK code I downloaded does not have entry points for
SSL at all (grep code for ldapssl_client_init). I then try the cvs path,
follow instruction on http://www.mozilla.org/directory/csdk.html, download
cvs, follow the instruction to install it.

I then set CVSROOT=:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot

Run cvs login, type in password as anonymous and got connection time out
error.

      cvs [login aborted]: connect to cvs.mozilla.org(207.126.111.201):2401
failed:connection timed out

I noted the difference in the output listed in
http://www.mozilla.org/cvs.html with mine output.

C:\> set CVSROOT=:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot
C:\> set HOME=\TEMP
C:\> cvs login
(Logging in to [EMAIL PROTECTED])   <--- difference, cvs
output

(Logging in to :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]) <--- mine output
CVS password: anonymous

Is there a way that I can download LDAP/ NSS / NSPR / DBM and build the ldap
ssl version.

Thanks

vanv

[EMAIL PROTECTED]