H.C. Lin wrote:
Dear Group,

I am green (<1 wk) to LDAP programming. Through resources in the Internet I
have managed to write a little client that queries Aphelion LDAP server and
export result to ldif formatted text file.

Off topic, but I've never heard of the Aphelion LDAP server - can you give me their URL?

However, attribute values with non-English language are exported as English alphabet and numeric characters. This is what I really need to solve urgently.

Having spent a morning searching the Internet, it seems my solution lies on
implementing the BRE. However, yours truly really cannot crack the solution
by only reading the sdk doc. I wonder if any of you can show me some code
that search the LDAPConnection and format the LDAPSearchResult in specified
encoding scheme (Big5 is what I wanted).

The LDAP standard says that all strings are encoded in UTF8, so you should be getting back UTF8 data from the LDAP server (assuming Aphelion does the right thing), which you will then have to encode in Big5. If you are using Java, the encoding functions are built-in to the language - check the j2sdk docs for the String class. If you are using C, the operating system has an iconv or uconv package which can be used to do the same thing.

Thank you for reading this post. Any code fragment/suggest will be deeply appreciated.

Yours truly,

H.C Lin