Greetings to everyone,

  we want an authenticated secure channel b/w the client and the LDAP server,
  however we don't have the certificate setup for the
  client(no client side authentication) but just a DN and password for the
  client to authenticate itself to the server. The LDAP server is setup
  for the SSL connection.

 So is it allowed/safe to initialize an SSL connection using:
    ldapssl_client_init()
    ldapssl_init()

 and then use the simple authentication using:
   ldap_simple_bind_s(DN/Password)

 If this is allowed, does the DN/password of the client go over the
 encrypted channel b/w the client and the server? And does all the
 communication happen in encrypted form when this LDAP handle is used?

thanks for all your support.

Best Regards,
Bandi