Hi,

When I query the LDAP server using LDAP SDK it is not returning
anything, however in your tool if I run the same query it gives me the
matching entries. In the active directory , we have two type of users,
viz CN=Foo\, Boo,OU=FOO,DC=LOO,DC=POO,DC=TOO and
CN=bfoo,OU=FOO,DC=LOO,DC=POO,DC=TOO. The first one contains the
complete name of the user in CN and the second one contains the ID of
the user. The later ones have been imported from Windows NT and the
former ones are created in Windows 2000 server.

Why I am not getting any matching results from ldap_search_ext_s in the
first case? I am able to get it if I have the ID in CN.

Is it something related to the version of the OS. I am getting the
accurate results with LDAP exporter
(http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/1841.html).

Regards
Abhishek