Hello,

I am currently trying to install a piece of software which runs as a
service.
I have the source. I have a DC with active directory installed. The
service
uses c LDAP sdk to connect to my AD when it starts up. I am curretly
having problems with the software because its logs keep coming back
with
the error "operations error". This happens on a piece of code that
makes
a call with ldap_search_s function. the search base string
"dc=test,dc=com"
which is the root dn of the Active Directory. I believe this to be a
dns resolver problem, because when the DC is configured with the DNS
server
service and client service running, the service never starts. It
always
returns the same error. Now i wrote a simple client console app using
the Microsoft wldap32.lib library. I bind to the directory and make
the same call with ldap_search_s. The result, it works fine. Why
doesn't the netscape ldap library cope with dns properly. My dns is
setup fine, i actually have 2 dc's which are both dns servers. I read
on another thread it could be to do with a referal being returned by
AD which is not understood. The only way
i can get round this problem is to turn off the DNS services on my DC.
This
is not good, as AD relies on DNS to be installed and working. It seems
the
dns suffix of test.com can't be handled by netscape ldap library. If
anyone knows the solution to this problem it will be much appreciated

Regards

Romeel Khan