Frank wrote:

I'm trying to build a compatible version of the LDAP C SDK from CVS
source in a Linux environment on os390x. I got the dependancies and the
SDK to compile out of the box according to the instructions at:

        http://www.mozilla.org/directory/csdk.html

The resulting binaries work fine by themselves.

However, I need to recompile it to be compatible with another set of
libraries that were compiled and linked with a specific gcc/g++ command
line flag:

        -m31

How do I go about specifying that this flag be used for *all*:

        *.o
        *.so
        *.a

files compilation and linking operations in all of the:

        NSPR_4_4_1_RTM
        NSS_3_9_3_RTM
        DBM_1_61_RTM
        SVRCORE_4_0_RTM
        LDAPCSDK_5_1_5_RTM

source code branches so that the resulting files are all compatible with
this other set of libraries I'm stuck with? It looks like the above
packages have more than one build configuration style, i.e. autoconf and
a homegrown "coreconf" which complicates this issue.

Still, there must be an reasonable way for me to do this. Any suggestions?
That's a tough one. Did you try setting the environment variable CFLAGS="-m31" before running configure (or make before building NSS)?

Frank