Kevin Quiggle wrote:
I am working on a "Mozilla Manual" ( see http://mozmanual.mozdev.org ).

I cannot find a direct download link on the homepage. To encourage involvement from others, I recommand you link to the .pdf in a visible place.

The link in http://mozmanual.mozdev.org/source.html is not working. I think you are supposed to put downloads in the download/ directory. To conserve bandwidth, files there will be served by download mirrors. I think mozdev.org has some documentation on this somewhere. If you have trouble, ask in the project owner list.

How is the manual licensed? Creative Commons License? Open Publication License?

This manual is a Introduction to Mozilla features guide for people using Mozilla in the corporate world.

Tried similar thing myself. So far I got only http://www.mozilla.org/docs/end-user/guide/get-started.html :-(

For corporate users, the most important things are probably:
1. Cross platform compatibility <- emphasize this

2. Web Application compatibility. probably way out of scope, but you might want to either have a short FAQ on this or reference one

3. Deployment. covered partially by get-started.html. Feel free to use it :-) And also:

3.1 Installer customization

  3.2 Default profile and preferences (bug 158384 and
  http://www.mozilla.org/catalog/end-user/customizing/briefprefs.html)

  3.3 AutoConfig: the ability to remotely control certain
  dynamic prefernces such as proxy servers. (bug 178685 and 222973)

The manual is now in draft 0.4 - all planned sections are complete, and I am now in the process of fine tuning. What I need are people to read what is written and tell me what is or is not clear, what is useful, what is missing, and what I just plain got wrong.

How about announce it in MozillaZine? We don't have too many active documentation contributors around. Maybe you can recruite some? :-)

For those of you who know about Kevin Neely's Mozilla Book project ( http://userguide.mozdev.org ) this is *not* the same thing. The Mozilla Manual is intended to be a high level "feature highlights" introduction for corporate users of Mozilla.

Wouldn't Mozilla Getting Started Guide, Introduction to Mozilla, or Mozilla - An Adminstrator Guide be a more appropriate title?