On 2003-12-21 16:29, Simon Paquet wrote:

> Normally only the QA Contact should verify bugs and so it is done
> in owned modules like firebird for example. In core and seamonkey
> modules where a former netscape employee is still listed as QA Contact
> but doesn't work on Mozilla anymore, I think it is safe, that
> experienced triagers can verify bugs.

Well, there are just few people who I know that they have worked for
Netscape. But after all, I don't want to do massive verifying, as
resolving is enough for me ;-) It's just that sometimes I run over a bug
which is very obviously invalid or a duplicate, and then I wonder why I
shouldn't verify such an obvious bug.

I couldn't find this information anywhere on the Mozilla web site, so I
am crossposting this to the d11n group.

> - verifying duplicates is the easiest task, so start with it

Already done before I began wondering if I was allowed to do so ;-)

> - verifying WONTFIX and INVALID bugs is also relatively easy,

True.

> - if you verify FIXED bugs, make sure that you can verify them on
>   every platform/OS they were reported on.

I better leave my hands off this. I'm too anxious that might do
something wrong, especially since I can just verify them on Windows and
BeOS, which is, I think, not officially supported anymore.

Thanks for your very detailed answer, Simon!

-Bene

--
 Benedikt Kantus
 on a Thumperbunny nightly