Simon Paquet wrote:

I remain of the view that it could be 50% shorter, though. I agree that it's not fair for me to keep insisting this without giving examples, but I don't have time - so, as a substitute for that, have you read Fantasai's excellent document:
http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/weblog/

Yes, I have read it. But I don't know how that relates to this document?

It should hopefully give you lots of ideas as to how to make it shorter while saying the same thing in a clearer way :-)

One idea might be to ask fantasai (by email) to take a look at your current draft.

Gerv